31 August, 2010

30 and TTDBT

Bucket List seemed interesting to me when I first heard of it. Then I heard of it again...and again and again. It has been mentioned on television shows, blogs, status messages, so and and so forth till I began to tire of hearing of it. Initially I thought it was a great thing -- a list of things to do before you kicked the bucket-- it speaks of goals, of dreams, of optimism and the like. Good thing. BUT... how are we supposed to know when the deadline (pun totally intended) is?

Anyway, I kicked the idea of a bucket list and made a list of things I would do by birthday 30, which then was barely three months away. My list had three (one for each decade) things. Anyway the birthday came and went. (Gosh! now it sinks in: it's been 360 months and in `days' it would be ... oh! never mind. I'm not any better in mathematics.) Coming back to the point, a friend of mine said to me when he wished me, "Welcome to the thirties." Thank you Joe, but it just dawned on me that I hadn't striked out anything from my 3-point-list of things to do before 30.

Out of the three things, the first two have come a long way, just not enough to deserve those strikes. (I'll make sure to get it done by the close of the year and shall blog about it. Remember to come by to see what I was talking about.) Now the third point on the list had three sub-points. (Sounds complicated? Never mind.) I've had I don't know how many people tell me I'm lazy when it comes to writing. So I thought I'll make it a point to have 30 posts in each of my blogs by birthday 30. Anyway, because I hadn't gotten to where I wanted to, there also (I really am lazy eh), I vowed to get that done by the end of the birthday month. Now out of those three blogs that I have registered, I managed to hit THIRTY- ONE  in one, ( http://dnambiar.wordpress.com/ ) 26 in the travel blog (could not travel too much but I will get to that number asap. That is a promise to myself.) http://dnambiar-travelblog.blogspot.com/ (Actually I started a few `pages there, and that along with some other pictures I have put up there could actually be passed off as posts but it is ok) As for the third blog; this one, where I just write about this and that (aptly named Odds and Ends. Click here http://dnambiar11.blogspot.com/2010/08/ttdbt.htmland I promise you will come back to the same page) I almost got to thirty. I had 29 and then, now that I write about this list (now what do we call a list of things to do (or attempt to do) before 30? Just `Things to do before 30' or TTDBT for short?), I have the 30th post here (with lots of brackets, figures, ellipses, colons, semi-colons and craziness).

I have to drink to this one. Cheers!
(Now you go and write your TTDBT or TTDBF or TTDBTF or whatever. Good luck.)

No comments:

Post a Comment