04 January, 2012

Is it just me?


When you're a mommy, especially that of a toddler, there's one thing you can never have enough of. That is time. I could do with a few more hours.

These days, if it's five in the evening, it is dark. It's depressing. I don't quite like the idea of shorter days. I love nights but when the day ends early, it makes me feel like another day has gone by and I haven't done much in the hours that just went by.

This is my fourth year in CA, but I still haven't gotten used to the idea of sunset at quarter to five and setting the clock an hour forward and backward every 6 months (let's not even go there). Having spent over 25 years  in a country where there are more or less equal hours of day and night, to me, that's what is normal.

If it's Fall or Winter, this is exactly how I feel:

Is it just me? Does anybody else feel this way?


And then there are the days when I do like to see the sun go down ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment