23 July, 2012

Let's talk blog awards

They may not be as big as the Oscars, Bookers and the Pulitzers; but blog awards are awards, all the same. Only on a different scale and for mere mortals whose lives are also –among many other things-- about posts and visitors, page views, comments, followers and deciding what to blog about next.
Blog awards, to me, is a way of spreading some love, of showing support and admiration and redirecting our readers to blogs that we enjoy or adore. A few days ago, Uma of My Musings sent some love this way with this:
inspiringbloggerawardonelovelyblogaward

First of all, Uma's blog is a space I visit often. I love her simple and straight way of writing and the topics she writes on, too. Her musings cover everything from parenting to travelogues and little tales of her little R to just random things. And every time, she just knows what she's talking about, and she's very clear about that. Visit her space if you haven't already done so. If somebody else had given me the Lovely Blog Award, I'm sure I would have included her on my list of people to pass it on to.
Talking of passing on the above awards, I would like to take the liberty to split the above into two and then do the honours.
My 'Inspiring Bloggers' list includes:
  1. Bhavana of Tilling the Earthwoman
  2. Umashankar Pandey of One Grain Amongst the Storm
  3. Rachna of Rachna Says
  4. Subhorup of Subho's Jejune Diet
  5. Raj of A Beautiful Mind
Who would I give the One Lovely Blog Award (doesn't that sound so cute) to? A lot of people actually. But for now, just to make sure we don't have an extra-long list:
  1. Panchali of Panchalibolchi
  2. TTT of Tangy Tomato Twist
  3. Amit of Safarnaamaa
  4. Abhinav of Rhythm of Nature
  5. Sudha Ganapathi of My Favourite Things
  6. Jayshree of Jaish Writes
  7. Swapna of The Mom Views
  8. Subhorup, this one for the adorable The Story of Parth
I'm forcing myself to stop. I really could go on and on. But wait, a few months ago, I'd actually got more Versatile Blogger Awards (for the 3rd and 4th time, this time from Ruchita Srivastava and Nagini. I thank them you both for this). And I thought I'd  pass it on later and then it slipped off my mind. I guess now is the time to do that. We're talking blog awards after all.
versatile-award2
So dear reader of mine, here are some really Versatile Bloggers. Check them out and see for yourselves.
  1. Ash of M*U*S*I*N*G*S
  2. Kishan of Road Bloke and Ramblings of a dysfunctional mind
  3. Bikramjit of Me and my random thoughts
Now moving on to the not-the-most-important part of this Awards Post, here are 7 Random things about me:
  1. Coffee is my cup of tea. That's the one thing I craved for when I was in the family way. It's what's making me have second thoughts about having baby No.2 ;)
  2. I have a fetish for (finger) rings; silver ones. 
  3. I grew up in boarding school. Home sickness was something I got over a long time ago but I can't stay away from hubby for more than 3 days. 
  4. My guilty pleasures - Roadside Chaat (how I miss them) and Potato chips(whoever came up with the punchline 'No one can eat just one,' was so damn right.) 
  5. If you lend me a book, I'll make sure I return it. 
  6. I am not a morning person, at all. I can stay up till six in the morning but can't get myself to wake up at 6 am.
  7. I'm not a very patient mom. I have a three year old, who knows just how to get on to that last nerve of mine but I love him to pieces.
Seems like you've read that somewhere, before? Open-mouthed smile That was on here on Odds and Ends, several months ago when I got my very first blog awards. Back then, I didn't have half the readers I do now. So if you're reading these 7-Things for the second time, let me thank you from the bottom of my heart – for your continued support. Thank you so much.

PS: Almost always as part of the ritual of accepting and circulating awards, there's a rule that we leave links on the blogs of the awardees telling them that they have been selected for awards. I'm being a little disobedient and breaking that rule here, only because most of the bloggers I have listed above don't really need these awards to tell them that they are good. Their readers tell them that all the time. If you are part of the great Indian Indiblogger family, you probably know them, if not, you just have to visit their blogs. You will not be disappointed – of that I am sure.
Then how will these award winners know of these awards, you ask? They'll learn from their Stats/Sources and – (they'll be ) SURPRISE!! (D)


A note to the above mentioned award winners – I won't be offended if you don't put this up on your blogs. Let it be for the readers of this blog and those who will come across this post long after you guys have outgrown IB, if there be such a time. Here's wishing you many years of blogging and a whole lot of readers.
Smile

20 comments:

  1. Hey, wow! Thanks :D i'll post the pic on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Ash. There are some posts of yours that I haven't read yet. Shall come by soon.

      Delete
  2. Hey, it was so nice reading the 7 facts..
    aww on the 3rd and ditto on the 7th :-)
    thanks so much Divya for accepting the award and taking up the tag. And a million thanks for saying such wonderful things about me :-)
    Today I'll have a smile pasted on my face all day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so lazy to write another 7 facts so just put up what I put up last time and I forgot to change the age of the little one. I forgot that another birthday had gone by in between.

      Thank you so much. I really do like your blog. Shall keep coming by.

      I'm so glad I could put a smile on your face, Uma. Happy blogging.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the many many awards Divya. You are indeed a wonderful writer with the unique gift of delighting the reader every single time. So keep writing and we will keep reading. It was indeed lovely reading those random little things about you. They were cute, interesting and straight from the heart. And thank you so much for the wonderful award. It is indeed a privilege and am deeply honored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Raj. Thank you so much for those really sweet words. And thank you also for coming by often. It's such an honour to hear from a blogger I love reading so very much. Your work really does inspire me.
      And congrats to you. :)

      Delete
  4. first of congratulations on all the awards yayyyyyyy.

    and now a bigger yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (i know i can be selfish sometimes ) .. I got it toooo and you mentioned me .. and what do you mean I wont put it on my blog , Oh beleive me I will and I love ot show off too.. GOT nothing else to show off :)

    thank you so much for it, here's another YAYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :)

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bikram.

      Yay for you. :)
      Look at the things you write about; everything from fun things to the really serious. You ARE versatile. And there's heart in your writing. :)
      You'll see a lot more of me there.

      Congrats, Bikram.

      Delete
  5. Congrats. Happy b,day month as i dont know the date and i know only the month from ur profile. Liked ur blogs. Will read all of them from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Gopinath.
      Welcome here. Thank you so much for the birthday wishes; it's just around the corner. :)
      I'm so glad you like my blogs. Please come by as often as you like. I look forward to hearing more from you. :)

      Delete
  6. hey, congratulations! That is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. :)
      It's been a while since I visited your blog. See u there, soon.

      Delete
  7. Divyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !! Gotcha!!!! Am absolutely thrilled!Am all for it.....:D:D
    Congratulations on getting sooooo many awards. A prolific writer like you deserve all those accolades...keep writing, my dear.!!:))
    Thanks for passing on that wonderful badge to me. How can I not put it up, my dear. Permit me..puh-leaze ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was fast! :D.
    Thank you so much. Congratulations to you too. You really do have one lovely blog; just had to tell everybody who came this way. :).
    You have my permission he...hee. I'd love to see it up there. Btw u deserve an award for that pretty Autumn template too.:D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My my.. What do I see here? Totally flattered, I say :)

    I must warn you that I am a little lazy in passing those awards around (I had got one from Ruchita earlier). Well I can partly attribute it to the fact that I dont get to read too many blogs let alone write them - thanks to a hectic work schedule and a 6month old who totally takes all my "home-time".

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No issues. It's ok even if you don't pass them on.
      Just keep blogging. Write when the little one allows you to, ok.
      You're welcome and congratulations, Kishan.

      Delete
  10. Oh my...!!! I came to your blog to catch up with your posts and see this beautiful mention...you made my morning, D. I have not been writing for long. Can hardly sit down and write when I am constantly on the move. Have not been in Chennai for more than 5 days last month and still on the move. I write this Bengaluru. I have been missing reading blogs and writings. Yours words give me the boost.
    And congrats, D. for the Lovely Award--you sooooo deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprise, Surprise!! :D

      I'm sure all that travelling is keeping you busy. You ARE a very inspiring writer. I love the way you write, love the emotions that your words carry. Don't stay away from blogging for too long, ok. I already miss reading you.

      Thank you so much, dear Bhavana. Congrats to you too.

      Delete
  11. congrats on all of for awards! wow...it is nice to be recognized by fellow bloggers...and very interesting to read your answers....
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you momto8. Shall come by your blog real soon.

      Delete